Policy and Procedure
Course de-registration is automatic and occurs around the fourth week of the semester for students who do not accept financial responsibility and make payment or payment arrangements. See Student Accounts for more information.
The date of de-registration is listed on the Academic Calendar and is preceded by warning emails and loss of Blackboard access.
Reinstatement in the semester courses is not automatic. The student must act immediately upon notice of de-registration.
If the student wishes to be re-registered in the classes, the following steps MUST be completed within 2 weeks of de-registration:
- Continue to attend classes. The student will not have access to Blackboard or appear on the instructor’s roster until the student is re-registered in the class.
- Meet with Student Accounts to take steps to move the account back to good standing.
- Request electronic permission from the instructor(s) to re-register in the class. (Students can only be registered for ALL of the same classes. Requests to register for some of the classes will not be honored.)
- The instructor must submit the permission electronically.
- The student will register in-person in Records & Registration, WH 115 with a completed add/drop form.
Re-registration requests after 2 weeks following de-registration or without instructor permission, will not be honored.
Students who do not resolve delinquent accounts will be blocked from registering in subsequent semesters.