Edit Page

Records & Registration

Non Matriculated Students


If you are not a SUNY New Paltz student, please download the Non-Matriculated Student Course Registration Form. Submit your form to Records and Registration via:

Email: recreg@newpaltz.edu  (send signed and scanned forms to this email)

Fax: 845-257-3103

Office of Records and Registration
State University of New York at New Paltz
500 Hawk Drive
New Paltz, NY 12561-2439

In Person: Wooster Hall, Room 115


Please refer to the Schedule of Classes to select classes and the Academic Calendar for important dates and deadlines.



Registration for Non-Matriculated Undergraduates
Non-matriculated students wishing to enroll in undergraduate courses during the academic year may do so only on/after the non-matriculated student registration date noted in the schedule of classes and academic calendar.

Non-matriculated students may enroll in only two courses (maximum of eight credits) per semester.

Non-matriculated students can accumulate up to a maximum of 24 credits. Upon reaching 24 credits, non-matriculated student must apply for admission to the College in order to continue to enroll in courses.

Non-matriculated students must maintain a GPA of 2.0 or higher.


Registration and Credit Limit for Non-Matriculated Graduates
Registration is blocked for any non-matriculated student after six to nine graduate credits. The student is required to sign a waiver in the Graduate School in order to remove the block. He/She must obtain the permission (through signature) of the department chair or the appropriate academic dean before registering for courses beyond the 6-9 credit limit. Should the student be accepted for matriculation, only 6-9 graduate credits may be transferred to the graduate degree program. The Non-matriculated Student Waiver may be downloaded from The Graduate School's site.

For more information about Graduate registration, please refer to: http://www.newpaltz.edu/graduate/nonmatric.html




ALL NON-MATRICULATED STUDENTS TAKE NOTE:  If you plan to take more than five credits as a non-matriculated student, you must provide proof of receiving your measles, mumps and rubella immunization.  Please note that the five credits is the total of all coursework done through New Paltz.

To learn more about NYS Public Health Law Immunization Requirements, please visit the Student Health Services site: http://www.newpaltz.edu/healthcenter/immun.html