Students who stop attending a course before the end of the semester will receive an F* grade and be considered unofficially withdrawn from the class. F* grades are calculated into the GPA. The last date of academic engagement is recorded by the course instructor.
Academic engagement is the active participation by the student in an instructional activity related to the course of study.
Includes, but is not limited to -
- Attending a synchronous class, lecture, recitation, or field or laboratory activity, physically or online, where there is an opportunity for interaction between the instructor and students;
- Submitting an academic assignment;
- Taking an assessment or an exam;
- Participating in an interactive tutorial, webinar, or other interactive computer-assisted instruction;
- Participating in a study group, group project, or an online discussion that is assigned by the institution; or
- Interacting with an instructor about academic matters
Does not include, for example -
- Living in institutional housing;
- Participating in the institution's meal plan;
- Logging into an online class or tutorial without any further participation; or
- Participating in academic counseling or advisement.