Students should prepare for future registration by determining a plan of study.
- Review the requirements to earn a degree
- Declare as major early in the academic career
- Understand the progress report
- Meet with the academic/major advisor
For registration dates and deadlines, refer to the academic calendar
When is the schedule available?
The fall schedule usually posts on the web early in March and the spring schedule usually posts early in October. Students register about six weeks after the schedule posts. This gives the student time to meet with the academic advisor and receive clearance to register.
Students can find the current schedule here
Each student receives a time assignment to register.
Students time assignments are posted in my.newpaltz.edu > registration > time assignments. Time assignments are based upon earned credits as listed on the New Paltz transcript and cannot be changed. Registration times are prioritized, with the highest earned credits receiving the earliest registration times.
Records & Registration will not change a student's time assignment, lift account holds or provide registration clearance.
More on clearance to register
Students can avoid delays for registration by not waiting until the last minute to:
- Address account “holds” as listed in my.newpaltz.edu > General > Holds
- Check progress reports to determine outstanding requirements
- Develop a schedule with several options. Check the 8 semester plan for assistance
- Meet with advisor and receive electronic registration clearance