An Apostille is authentication of a public document such as a diploma or transcript, and is legally recognized by certain foreign governments. For more information, see NYS Division of Licensing Services.
Process for the student:
- You will submit a duplicate diploma request form in person at Records & Registration and along with the $25 fee. We do NOT take credit card information by email.
- You must have photo identification such as a driver’s license or passport.
- Our office will provide you a notarized copy of the diploma
- You will bring the notarized copy to Ulster County Clerk’s office to certify our notary’s qualifications.
- You will then submit all appropriate documents to New York Department of State following the procedures outlined on their website.
Process for individual representing the student:
- The student will complete duplicate diploma request form, sign (e-signatures not accepted) and email form to email@example.com. The student signature will allow our office to authenticate the student as the requestor.
- The student should NOT include payment information.
- The student MUST make a notation on the form that this request is for the purposes of an apostille and [named person] will be paying for the document at the time of pickup, which must be done in person in Records & Registration.