Edit Page

Extended Learning


Official Academic Record

All credit earned through the University in the High School Program will result in an official college record or transcript. This transcript is a permanent record of all courses, credits and final grades accumulated by the student. If a student participates in the University in the High School Program, the grades earned in these courses will become a part of the student’s grade point average (GPA) at SUNY New Paltz.

Transferability of Credits 

While no guarantee can be offered, we have found that credits earned in the University in the High School Program with a grade of “C” or better are usually accepted by American colleges and universities. Students interested in attending a particular college or university are advised to inquire about the transferability of SUNY New Paltz credits to that particular college or university prior to enrolling in a University in the High School course.

To transfer credits to another institution students need to request that an official transcript be sent from SUNY New Paltz to the other college or university. To obtain a transcript follow the steps below.

Transcripts will not be released if the student has an outstanding balance or hold on his or her account.