The Extension program offers select SUNY New Paltz courses at several off-campus sites. This makes attending college easier for those who find it inconvenient to travel to New Paltz. Late afternoon, evening, and weekend courses are featured to allow busy working adults time to take courses while holding down a job.
Presently, New Paltz has extension sites in Hudson Valley counties offering courses for the graduate programs of the Department of Educational Administration and the literacy program of the School of Education.
Courses begin every spring, summer, and fall.
- FAQs about Distance Learning
- EIC: Distance Learning Library Services
- SUNY New Paltz Admissions
- Online courses at SUNY New Paltz Click on a term's schedule of classes and check the box at the bottom of the form for "Online courses only."
- Summer Session at New Paltz
- SUNY New Paltz participates in the SUNY Learning Network, a partnership with SUNY campuses providing thousands of online courses and many degree programs.
Online Course Proposal, Guidelines, and Coversheet:
For faculty proposing new online courses.
- Course Development Memo *
- Graduate Online Course Proposal *
- Undergraduate Online Course Proposal Cover *
- Undergraduate Online Course Proposal Narrative *
Institute for Professional Development
IPD is committed to helping your organization succeed in a changing marketplace through professional development classes covering a wide variety of topics. Educational technology classes for educators are offered through the Classroom Technology Institute.