The next successful President will:
- demonstrate a commitment to the College’s overall mission of intellectual inquiry and academic excellence, promote a student-focused environment, and be an effective and forceful advocate for diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- equally support SUNY’s PRODiG initiative to diversify the faculty.
- show an ability to engage with and be visible to students, faculty, and staff as well as a commitment to the success of SUNY New Paltz graduates.
- show a knowledge of and passion for public higher education and a commitment to shared governance and transparency.
- demonstrate a history of ethical and accountable leadership.
- have crisis management skills and experience in strategic planning and implementation.
- provide effective leadership by exhibiting innovative and creative approaches to advance the College’s mission.
- possess experience with budgets and be able to establish priorities and policies to promote sound financial management; an ability to further an effective enrollment strategy; and the leadership to enhance a feeling of collegiality, transparency, and shared inquiry.
- engage alumni, donors, and friends of the College in fundraising through the Alumni Association and College Foundation.
- communicate and collaborate effectively with senior campus administration, all campus constituents, SUNY system administration, and other SUNY institutions.
- be committed to developing and maintaining a strong, collaborative, respectful, and transparent relationship with community leaders, organizations, and residents.
- be fully engaged in dialogue and planning at a national level, during a critical time that requires SUNY’s unparalleled commitment to student success, academic excellence, leadership, research, and economic and community engagement.
- a demonstrated record of professional experience is required to lead this public institution of higher learning.
- qualified candidates will possess an earned doctorate, terminal degree, or commensurate executive-level leadership experience.