A celebratory event to honor and acknowledge the contributions of our LGBTQ+ identified graduating seniors.
Lavender Celebration Frequently Asked Questions:
Is Lavender Celebration cancelled?
- No. We will be having a virtual ceremony and an in-person ceremony. The virtual ceremony will occur on May 22 at 1 pm, but archived for a year Our goal is to reschedule the in-person Lavender Celebration so that we can proudly recognize our graduating LGBTQ+ students. Given the uncertainty of the COVID-19 crisis, we have not yet finalized these plans To reemphasize, it is not either or; graduating students can choose to participate in one or both ceremonies.
Who needs to register for Lavender Celebration?
- You only need to register if you wish to be honored as an LGBTQ+ student during the ceremony. If you simply wish to attend/watch the ceremony and support honorees, registration is not required.
I already registered for Lavender Celebration at 100 Days Until Graduation. Do I have to registered again for the virtual ceremony?
- You should have already received an email from LGBTQ Coordinator, Emma Morcone, confirming you still want to participate the virtual ceremony. In order to participate in the virtual ceremony, you must reply to Emma’s email.
I want in on the virtual ceremony! Can I still register?
- Yes, absolutely! Register before April 19th.
Who is Lavender Celebration for?
- The Lavender Celebration is intended to honor those students who identify as LGBTQ+, both individually and as a group. If you happen to be a straight ally, you are absolutely welcome to attend the event as a guest, but you do NOT need to register. While anyone is welcome to attend, honorees will be students who are part of the LGBTQ+ Community.
What happens during the virtual ceremony?
- Similar to the in-person festivities, we will have several guest speakers. In addition, we will announce and read off each honoree’s name.