New Paltz Logo
Transfer Information

Transfer Information

According to the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP), a “transfer” occurs when an F-1 student moves from one school to another, and the transfer procedure must be completed.

F-1 students currently studying at SUNY New Paltz or completing OPT or STEM extension who want to transfer to a new school should submit the following documents to International Student Programs: transfer out form AND the Admission Letter from the new school.  Please note that your SEVIS record should be transferred to the new school no more than 60 days after the end of the last enrolled semester at SUNY New Paltz, or the completion of your program, or the end of your OPT / STEM extension period.

If you are not currently in New Paltz, please email your documents to

Latest News