SUNY New Paltz Vacancy
External Posting (Faculty)
Applications are invited for consideration for appointment to the following position:
Department: Computer Science
Budget Title: Assistant Professor
Local Title: Assistant Professor of Computer Science
Posting Date: September 27, 2019
Duties: The State University of New York at New Paltz (SUNY New Paltz) Department of Computer Science, with over 200 undergraduate majors and a sizable Master’s program, invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor with a start date of Fall 2020. We especially encourage applications from individuals who can bring diverse cultural and ethnic perspectives and experiences to the campus and who can advise and mentor all members of our diverse student body.
• Ph.D. in Computer Science or closely related field from a regionally accredited university, ABD in Computer Science or closely related discipline with a dissertation defense scheduled prior to August 31, 2020, will be considered
• A strong commitment to teaching
• An established research agenda
• Excellent communications skills
• Particular attention will be given to candidates with teaching, research, or industry experience in open source software development, cloud and web-based computing, and large scale data analytics with FPGA and GPU computing.
• An established record of scholarship in the field,
• Experience as a graduate/teaching assistant or college level instructor of one or more college courses in the field (Computer Science/closely related).
• The ability to develop and teach advanced courses in the candidate's area of expertise and incorporate undergraduate and graduate students in research will also be recognized.
Contact Information: Electronic submission required. Candidate will be required to submit a cover letter, CV and contact information for three professional references. References provided will be sent a link to upload a letter of recommendation.
To apply, please visit
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process should call (845) 257-3675.
Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Other important information about this vacancy: This position offers full New York State benefits which are among the most comprehensive in the country. The State University of New York at New Paltz is a highly selective, public college that is recognized regionally for the strength of its academic programs. It is located in the beautiful Hudson River Valley with easy access to New York City and other nearby recreational and cultural amenities.
SUNY New Paltz recognizes the unique skills, perspective, talents and passion that each employee contributes to its learning community. To work here is to accept an invitation to participate in the growth and development of all campus members--students, faculty and staff. The College's commitment to inclusive excellence is an important part of our mission of public education and our culture. New Paltz continues to work on building a community that supports freedom, mutual respect, and civility. We seek others who support these values of diversity and inclusiveness and candidates of all diverse backgrounds who wish to participate in our cultural aspirations are welcome and encouraged to apply.
The State University of New York at New Paltz is an AA/EOE/ADA employer.
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the University Police Web site for the complete Annual Security Report (Clery Report) at https://www.newpaltz.edu/firesafety/safetyreport.html