Quarantine & Isolation Information
- Isolate for five days where day zero is the day symptoms start. If asymptomatic (without symptoms) the date the first positive specimen was collected is day zero.
- If asymptomatic at the end of day five or if symptoms are resolving and you have had no fever for 24 hours, isolation ends.
- Day six through ten you should wear a well-fitting mask while around others. If you can’t wear a well-fitting mask, then you should isolate for days six through ten.
- During days six through ten do not go places where you are unable to wear a mask e.g., restaurants.
- Day six through ten avoid travel. If you must travel wear a well-fitted mask.
- No longer recommended following contact with a COVID-19 positive individual.
- Do not leave your residence/room except to get medical care if required or grab and go food.
- Avoid close contact with members of your household. If you cannot avoid being around other people, wear a well-fitted mask.
- Use a separate bathroom if possible. If sharing a bathroom wipe sink with antiviral wipe after use.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If washing is not possible, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid sharing personal items (e.g.: dishes, towels, and bedding).
- Get rest and stay hydrated.
- If you are not allergic to acetaminophen, treat your fever, body aches, and/or headache with this medication 650mg every four hours OR 1000mg every six hours.
- Monitor your symptoms. They are NOT expected to be severe. They should improve on day 3-4 of your illness. If your illness doesn’t follow this pattern, call Student Health Service.