COVID-19 Information & Testing Resources
Mandatory COVID-19 Testing
All students who come to campus for any reason are required to test weekly for COVID-19. UUP, CSEA, PEF, and M/C-represented employees who have a regular presence on campus as part of their professional obligation are required to test weekly on the weeks they are on campus.
If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have known exposure to COVID-19 you should NOT participate in pool testing. Students should contact Student Health Service (SHS) at 845-257-3400 and staff should contact their physician and the Benefits Office at 845-257-3171.
Here are your options for meeting the testing requirement:
- On-campus testing: We offer two types of testing on campus: Pool PCR testing through SUNY Upstate Medical Center and Individual PCR testing through Enzo Laboratory. At this time, antigen tests are considered unreliable for surveillance and are not offered on-campus.
- Off-campus Testing. If you prefer to be tested off campus you can use any testing facility, and some local facilities are listed HERE. Make sure that the test you are getting done is a PCR test; we do not accept antigen or antibody tests. If you want your off-campus test to satisfy your testing requirement your test must be submitted to the appropriate office.
- For Pool PCR testing, you do not need an appointment but you must register with SUNY Upstate Medical University before you can be tested HERE. Note that you need your health insurance information to register. For Pool testing, you cannot brush your teeth or use mouthwash for 3 hours prior to testing and cannot eat, chew gum, smoke or vape for 30 minutes prior to testing.
- For Individual PCR testing, you are required to have an appointment for testing. Be sure to go HERE to register with Enzo and obtain an appointment. Note that you will need your health insurance information to make an appointment. Once appointments are filled for a day no can be added on.
- FOR STUDENTS: Off-campus testing results should be submitted to the SHS fax at 845-257-3415, or email, email@example.com.
- FOR EMPLOYEES: Please submit an attachment of test results to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 845-257-3621, or hard copy put in the drop box outside their office.
You should test if you have COVID-19 symptoms or have had an exposure to a person who tested positive for COVID-19. Students requiring testing for these reasons should communicate directly with SHS by calling 845-257-3400. For the safety of our staff, only asymptomatic individuals may participate in Pool Testing.
NOTE: If you have had COVID-19 you may test positive for up to three months after diagnosis. This does not mean that you are infectious for that duration – you are only infectious for the period that you are required to isolate. You are exempt from surveillance testing for 90 days following a positive test. Therefore, it is important to submit POSITIVE COVID-19 tests to the SHS email, email@example.com.