Non-Degree Graduate Students have earned a bachelor's or higher degree and would like to enroll in graduate courses for a particular term. Generally, non-degree students have missed an application deadline, are not certain they want to commit to a matriculated program, want to get ahead and register for classes prior to matriculation, continue education for credit, fulfill teaching certification requirement, or for personal fulfillment. Students seeking to apply to a matriculated graduate program are permitted to register for 6 to 9 credits as a non-degree student. NOTE: Courses taken as a non-degree student do not guarantee admission to any matriculated program.
Due to the non-matriculated status, students may need to obtain registration clearance before enrolling in certain courses. To check a course’s pre-requisites:
- Search for your course in our Schedule of Classes.
- Click on the Course Title to view course information:
- Review the registration Restrictions to determine if you need registration clearance to enroll.
- If the course is restricted to specific majors, you will need to request registration clearance to enroll by emailing the faculty member. After you receive clearance by email, save it as a pdf document to upload to the application portal. *For Business course approval, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request permission.
- Once you have received registration clearance, you may submit an online non-degree application.
Please review the academic calendar for registration deadlines before you begin the process. We suggest completing your application at least one week prior to the term start for enough processing time.
Are you ready to apply? Apply Now!