Non-Degree Graduate Students have earned a Bachelor’s or higher degree and wish to enroll in graduate courses prior to matriculation in a program. Generally, non-degree students are completing a combination of graduate and undergraduate pre-requisite coursework before starting a graduate program, fulfilling teaching certification requirements, or seeking personal fulfillment. Students eventually matriculating to a graduate degree program are allowed to register for 6 to 9 credits as a non-degree student.
NOTE: If you are looking to enroll in solely undergraduate courses, please visit Records & Registration's website.
Due to the non-matriculated status, students may need to obtain permission before enrolling in certain courses. To check a course’s pre-requisites:
- Search for your course in our Schedule of Classes.
- Click on the Course Title to view course information:
- Review the registration Restrictions to determine if you need permission to enroll.
- If the course is restricted to specific majors, you will need to request permission to enroll by emailing the faculty member. *For Business course approval, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request permission.
- Once you have received permission, you may submit an online non-degree application.
Are you ready to apply? Apply Now!
*Please note application fees are non-refundable. If you have any questions about the non-degree application, please contact the Graduate Studies office at (845) 257-3285 or email email@example.com.