GOPW Tuition Waiver Program
The GOPW program provides a tuition waiver for former EOP/HEOP/SEEK students. The tuition waiver covers up to 9 credits of graduate tuition plus the college fee for each semester that the student is eligible for the award. To maintain eligibility, students must maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA and enroll in at least 9 graduate credits each term. Download the GOPW Guidelines and Application to apply.
Sojourner Truth Diversity Fellowship (STF)
The Sojourner Truth Diversity Fellowship is open to applicants from all majors holding at least a 3.0 undergraduate GPA in pursuit of their initial master's degree, a US citizen or permanent resident, matriculated in a graduate program at New Paltz; and adequately meeting the diversity criteria set forth within the application. Review the eBrochure to learn more about the Sojourner Truth Fellowship, or Apply Now!
Scholarships by Graduate Program
Master in Business Administration (MBA) Scholarship
To recognize academic excellence and to prepare future administrators and public accountants, SUNY New Paltz offers a limited number of scholarships to highly qualified applicants. Consideration will also be given to financial need. Submit your MBA Scholarship Application today!
ANDRAH Merit Scholarship
This scholarship is a $10,000 tuition waiver designed to recognize the exceptional talent of an incoming MFA student in Ceramics. It is available to one student on a competitive basis each year.
In an effort to encourage a diverse population of graduate students, SUNY New Paltz offers a one-year out-of-state tuition waiver to all incoming MFA students who are not residents of New York State. This allows non-resident students to pay regular in-state tuition rates, saving approximately $9,800 a year. MFA students must seek and be granted New York State residency during their first year to continue to receive the in-state tuition rate. This program is available to international students who are not US citizens and enrolled in one of our MFA programs. These students may receive the MFA Scholarship rate for two years without applying for New York State residency. See Tuition & Fees Chart for rate.
MS Electrical Engineering Fellowship
This fellowship opportunity is designed to recognize academic excellence of incoming students matriculated in our MS in Electrical Engineering program. Students receive a 3-credit tuition waiver in exchange for 10 hours of research assistance per week. It is available to eight students on a competitive basis.
Graduate Student Research and Creative Projects Award (RCPA)
The RCPA is an internal grant program for matriculated graduate students. The purpose of the program is to support and encourage research and creative projects that enhance the graduate students' professional development as they pursue their master's degree or Certificate of Advanced Study. All matriculated graduate students in good standing (cumulative gpa of 3.0 or higher) are eligible to apply for this grant. The maximum award is $400 per annum.
The RCPA offers funding for projects that occur during the Fall semester and for projects that occur during the spring and/or summer semesters. Applications will be collected according to the following schedule:
Teaching Assistant (TA) and Graduate Assistant (GA) positions are available to matriculated graduate students who are in good academic standing and who are making good progress toward their degree. The procedure for application for an assistantship, including the selection criteria, are established by deans and academic departments, and publicized by graduate departments. Criteria for the awarding of an assistantship may include, but are not limited to: undergraduate grade-point average, standardized test scores, past experience or training, interest in the field of study, letters of recommendation, or personal interview.
For more information, please see the e-Brochure below.
- Review the listing of departments below who offer assistantships during the academic year to determine if you are eligible to apply.
- Contact the department regarding their specific application procedures.
- At minimum, prepare and submit an TAGA Appointment Request Form, resume and cover letter to the Chair or Director of the department where you would like to work.
The following departments will consider applicants from any discipline for their GA positions:
- Education Advising GA Position
- Center for International Programs
- Writers' Studio GA Position
- The Graduate School
- Communications & Marketing
- Student Activities and Union Services
- Undergraduate Admission
- Residence Life
The following departments select students from specific majors for their TA or GA positions:
- Art (MFA majors in Ceramics, Metal, Painting/Drawing, Printmaking, Sculpture for TA positions)
- Art Education
- Business (MBA majors for GA positions, MA English or MAT English Ed for TA position)
- Communication Disorders (MS Communication Disorders for TA positions)
- Computer Science (MS Computer Science for TA positions)
- English (MA English for TA positions)
- Psychology (MA Psychology, MS Mental Health Counseling, MS School Counseling for TA positions)
- Samuel Dorsky Museum (MSEd Visual Arts Ed, MFA majors for GA position)
The following files all require Adobe Acrobat Reader and are for departmental use only. Prospective TAs and GAs should contact the department for application procedures.
Tuition & Fees
|FULL-TIME RATES |
(12 CREDITS OR MORE)
|In-State ($453/credit)||Out of State ($925/credit)||MBA |
Out of State
|Student Activity Fee||105.00||105.00||105.00||105.00|
|Health Insurance (conditional)||*||*/**||*/**||*/**|
|Total per semester||$6,068.50||$11,738.50||$7,838.50||$12,828.50|
|TOTAL PER YEAR||$12,137.00||$23,477.00||$15,677.00||$25,657.00|
CSTEP - Graduate Application Fee Waiver Request
SUNY New Paltz is pleased to offer a limited number of graduate application fee waivers for CSTEP students from the University of Buffalo who are applying to our master's degree programs in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
To be considered for a waiver, students must:
- Apply for admission to either our MS in Computer Science, or MS in Electrical Engineering program.
- Collect verification of CSTEP participation written on CSTEP letterhead.
- Complete the form below and upload your CSTEP verification letter.
- If you have not already done so, please create and submit your graduate application. When you reach the payment screen, select "Cancel." This action will submit your application; thereby, allowing you to upload admission checklist items. If you are selected for a waiver, our application manager will remove the application fee as an outstanding item on your checklist.