Graduate Course Proposals
- New Graduate Course Proposal*
- Graduate Major Course Revision Form*
- Graduate Minor Course Revision Form*
Graduate Program Proposals
NOTE: Before completing any of the forms below, you must schedule a meeting with the AVP of Graduate & Extended Learning to review your program proposal.
Once you have received approval from the AVP to move forward with your program proposal, you will receive direction indicating which of the forms below will be required.
SUNY offers a Guide to Academic Program Planning that provides an overview to the proposal process, as well as, links to Academic Program Planning Forms.
New Program Proposals
- Prepare a Letter of Intent to announce SUNY New Paltz's intention to propose A new program for a 30-day intra-SUNY comment period.
- Complete the appropriate program proposal* below:
*Educator Preparation Program Forms - Additional forms are required for program proposals leading to New York State certification for classroom teachers, school/district leaders, or pupil personnel professionals.
Revisions to Existing Programs
- Complete the appropriate program proposal below:
Program Revision Proposal: Changes to an Existing Program - Form 3A
Program Revision Proposal: Creating a New Program from Existing Programs - Form 3B
Distance Education Format Proposal - Form 4
Deactivation and/or Discontinuance Proposal - Form 5