Register for Classes
Registering for Courses:
- Before you register, understand your financial responsibility
- You can prepare for registration by checking on course availability in the Schedule of Classes.
Click on the course title to see if there are any prerequisites or restrictions. You will need permission to register for courses that have prerequisites or restrictions. Here is information about obtaining permissions.
Non-matriculated students can register for courses as long as there are available seats and required permissions are electronically entered by the Department or instructor.
- Log into my.newpaltz.edu and click on Registration and select My Schedule Planner.
- Find your course by selecting the subject and course number from the drop-down menu.
Select done and generate your schedule.
- Move your schedule into your cart and register.
You will receive a pop-up message letting you know the result of your registration. After reading the message, press ok.
- Blackboard access is generally available 24 hours after registration.
If you have questions or concerns, please visit Records & Registration’s website or email them.