Graduate Course Proposals
- Syllabus Requirements
- Accessible Syllabus Template (For graduate courses and program proposals.)
- Graduate Course Proposal Form
- MAJOR Course Revision
- MINOR Course Revision
Graduate Program Proposals
Before completing any of the forms below, you must schedule a meeting with the Associate Provost for Academic Planning & Learning Innovation to review your program proposal. Review the Graduate Curricular Proposals and Tracking Guidelines to learn more about the submission and tracking process of your proposal. The AP will notify you once your proposal has been approved to move forward, and provide you with direction regarding which of the forms below will be required.
SUNY offers a Guide to Academic Program Planning that provides an overview of the proposal process, as well as, links to Academic Program Planning Forms.
New Program Proposals
- Complete the appropriate program proposal* below and Cover Sheet:
A. Cover Sheet: Graduate Program Proposal Cover Sheet and Instructions
*Educator Preparation Program Forms - Additional forms are required for program proposals leading to New York State certification for classroom teachers, school/district leaders, or pupil personnel professionals.
- After the program proposal has been approved by Graduate Council, prepare a Letter of Intent to announce SUNY New Paltz's intention to propose A new program for a 30-day intra-SUNY comment period.
Major Revisions to Existing Programs
- Cover Sheet: Graduate Program Proposal Cover Sheet and Instructions
- Complete the appropriate program proposal below:
Minor Revisions to Existing Programs
Minor program changes include modifications to a program’s admission requirements or curriculum that do not represent a substantive change in the program's focus or design (e.g., identifying/adding course substitutions for degree clearance, nor involve changing more than 1/3 of the originally approved program).
STOP! Contact the Associate Provost for Academic Planning & Learning Innovation to determine the appropriate form and review pathway. The types of curricular changes listed below require submission of a formal Program Revision Proposal: Changes to an Existing Program (form 3A):
If a Minor Graduate Program Revision is Appropriate, then:
- Download the Graduate Minor Program Revision
- Follow the steps below to view your program in the Inventory of Registered Programs.
Go to the Inventory of Registered Programs
Select "Search by Institution"
Select "SUC NEW PALTZ"
The programs are listed alphabetically by Program Title and Award Type:
- Click the Program Code link to view more detailed information (e.g., HEGIS code,
teaching certification or licensure information, and the last date it was registered.):
- For Admission Requirement Changes, provide a side-by-side comparison of the current requirements and proposed revisions.
- For Curricular Revisions that do not represent a substantive change in the program's focus, provide the current plan of study and modified plan of study highlighting the proposed revisions.
- Obtain Approvals from the Department Chair, Academic Dean, Assistant Vice President for Graduate & Extended Learning, and the Provost.
- Upon approval, revisions will be recorded in Banner, CourseLeaf, and DegreeWorks.