To ensure safety for our community, Saturday Arts Lab follows the COVID-19 protocols and requirements established by SUNY New Paltz to ensure a safe and healthy environment for our students, families, teachers and staff.
As Saturday Arts Lab Director, I stay in close contact with the dean of the School of Fine & Performing Arts to ensure that our policies and procedures reflect the most current policies and procedures set by SUNY New Paltz in accordance with guidance from the SUNY system, New York State, and the CDC.
If there are any changes to these policies families will be notified via email. If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Beth Thomas
Saturday Arts Lab COVID policies and procedures
- Masks are required at all times when inside SUNY New Paltz facilities.
- We will work to maintain a distance of 6 ft between people when outdoors if students are engaged in unmasked activities.
- When children come to Saturday Arts Lab our pre-entrance screening process includes:
- We ask that parents/guardians provide masks for their children.
- A supply of masks will be on hand for extenuating circumstances.
- Temperature check with no-contact thermometer
- If a child has a temperature above 98.6º F but under 100º F, parents will be asked to complete a health screening questionnaire for the child
- If a child has a temperature higher than 100° F, the child will be asked not to enter and will not be allowed to return to Saturday Arts Lab until they have obtained a negative PCR test result.
- If we are informed that a student or students’ immediate family member (with whom they have daily contact) tests positive for COVID-19, we will notify the Ulster County health department and cooperate with contact tracing efforts.
- Everyone (teachers, students, administrators) will sanitize or wash hands before and after each class/activity.
- In cases where shared supplies cannot be avoided, all supplies are disinfected between uses.
- All tools, supplies, surfaces, and seating are deep-cleaned at the end of each session.
- Parents are asked to supply a water bottle for their child clearly labeled with the child’s name.
- No snacks or food will be served in Saturday Arts Lab.