Students must have fingerprint clearance before they are allowed to begin Fieldwork I.
Download the PDF version of this page.
1. Go to the NYS Office of Teaching Initiatives site: www.highered.nysed.gov/tcert
2. Click on TEACH Online Services
3. Click on "Create a NY.gov TEACH account" and follow the instructions
4. Go to "Fingerprinting Process for Start to Finish" at www.highered.nysed.gov/tsei/ospra/fpprocess.html
You are an applicant for CERTIFICATION
Service Code: 14ZGQT
Total Fee= $99
5. On www.uenroll.identogo.com, select a location and make an appointment for fingerprinting. Note: The closest sites to campus are in Kingston, Poughkeepsie, and MIddletown. The Kingston location is across the street from the Trailways station. www.trailways.com
6. Get fingerprinted.
7. Your fingerprints will be sent to your TEACH account. To verify they have arrived, log onto TEACH and click on "Account Information." Select "Fingerprinting," and "Go." Look for the sentence (in very small print):
“Your DCJS and FBI results have been received.”
8. Important last step! Copy or screenshot the page that includes your name and the DCJS/FBI sentence, and send it to:
Undergraduate Education Advising Office
Old Main 115A, SUNY New Paltz
800 Hawk Drive
New Paltz, NY 12561
Questions or difficulties?
There is a detailed and helpful FAQ section on the NYS Office of Teaching Initiatives site: http://www.highered.nysed.gov/tcert/teach/teachappfaq.html
The School of Education Certification Assistance page is regularly updated: www.newpaltz.edu/schoolofed/certification.html.
You may also contact Chris Whitaker, Certification Advisor, in Old Main 218C, 845-257-2790, email@example.com