Edit Page

SUNY-YÖK Dual Diploma Program

Campus Life: Housing


Students may be housed in any of the residence halls located on campus during the regular semester. In the summer terms, students typically are assigned to either Lenape and Esopus Halls. Please see the the Residence Life website (http://www.newpaltz.edu/reslife/halls.html) or the housing handbook for information regarding the residence hall including descriptions of the various types of room layouts and details about rules and regulations related to living on campus. 


Telephone Service

The University operates its own telephone system to provide on campus, local and long distance calling, voice mail and data access. Information on policies and rates will be provided to you when you arrive. At other times, you may contact the Telecommunications Office in HAB 40 or call (845) 257-3003. The University does not provide the actual telephone instrument as part of the service available on campus although some phones may be available. All calls made off campus require a personal billing number (PBN). To receive a PBN, you must complete the appropriate paperwork in the Telecommunications Office.  All incoming and outgoing phone calls within the United States are free, as are incoming international calls so you are advised to activate your campus account.


Room Furnishings

Each room is furnished with two beds and mattresses (sheet size: twin extra long), two desks, two chairs, two dressers, one mirror, one floor lamp, two wastebaskets, venetian blinds, and two wardrobes for hanging clothes. These items are not to be removed from the room. Students are encouraged to bring items necessary to live comfortably, such as a desk lamp to add to the existing lighting in their room and a flashlight to use during power outages.  Linens, towels, pillows, and blankets are not provided so you should plan to either bring these items or buy them on the shopping trip arranged by International Programs during your first day on campus.

For more information about the residence halls, please visit the Department of Residence Life website.