What were the guiding principles for the fall 2020 reopening plan?
The Planning Team developed policies, guidelines and recommendations with a focus on continuing to fulfill the College’s educational mission in a fiscally responsible way, while maintaining the health and safety of all students, faculty, staff and the New Paltz community.
The planning adheres to core guiding principles outlined by SUNY system administration:
- Put safety first: When making financial decisions, safety comes first
- Protect the core academic areas of excellence
- Maintain our fundamental mission: The broadest possible access to world-class teaching, research and scholarship
- Sustain academic programs and achieve operational efficiencies
- Demonstrate agility in responding rapidly to workforce needs
- Be mindful of and support vulnerable populations