Where can commuters, other students and employees spend time on campus this fall?
Things are going to be different on the SUNY New Paltz campus this fall, but there are still lots of good options for commuters, other students, faculty and staff who are looking for spaces to study, safely meet with friends or colleagues, or just get some rest between classes.
Most outdoor areas will be open to all campus community members. New outdoor furniture is being installed around campus to provide additional options, and the College is working to bolster outdoor Wi-Fi service to make it easier for people to get work done while sitting outside.
While many indoor spaces will be restricted this fall, there are still a number of buildings and areas that will be accessible to commuters and others who need a place to work or relax, including:
- The Sojourner Truth Library’s first floor study areas
- The Atrium Lobby and second floor Scholars Perch
- The Student Union, second floor, outside the Multipurpose Room
- The Student Union, ground floor, Entertainment Commons outside the Bookstore
- The newly renovated Jacobson Faculty Tower Lobby
- The lounge on the second floor of the Humanities building
- First and second floor lounges in Science Hall
- Second floor lounges in Wooster Hall
- The Lobby and second floor lounge in Engineering Innovation Hub
- The College Theatre Lobby
A limited number of campus computer labs will be available throughout the fall semester as well, though they may be operating at reduced capacity and/or hours of operation.
Use this link for a full schedule of where and when campus computer labs will be open.
As a reminder, most campus buildings will be card access only this fall. Students and employees will need to have their campus ID cards in order to access buildings.
If you lose your ID card, have issues with card access or have other questions, contact Card Services at email@example.com or (845) 257-3034.