Current Parking Lot and Road Closings – Spring 2015
The College is progressing on its master plan to make the campus more pedestrian friendly and move parking to the exterior of the campus to reduce pedestrian and vehicular conflicts and enhance safety. The construction of Mohonk Walk, a new east to west pedestrian walkway, has displaced some interior parking. In addition, there are several ongoing construction projects to revitalize buildings in need of major renovation, such as Wooster and the Sojourner Truth Library, as well as the construction of a new science building and a new residence hall to improve longtime space deficits.
A new 213 space lot has been constructed to the west of Lenape Hall (Lenape Student Parking, Lot 40) and a 140 space lot extension has been added to Route 32 Parking (Lot 28).
To accommodate spaces lost to construction additional disabled parking spaces are being designated as follows: 3 new disabled parking spaces have been added between Faculty Office Building and Bouton Hall; and 4 new disabled parking spaces in Mohonk Parking Lot 24.
The following parking lots have been temporarily closed for these construction projects:
- Lot 20 (Resnick Parking): Closed through May 2015 for use as staging area for the Wooster Renovation project.
- Lot 25 (Bouton Hall Parking): A portion of this lot is closed through May 2015 for Wooster Renovation.
- Lot 37 (West Parking): South end of the lot is closed for the construction of Ridgeview Hall through June 2015.
- Lot 26 (University Police Parking) The south side of the lot is closed from January 2015 through July 2015 and the north end of the lot will be closed from July 2015 through January 2016.
- The accessible entrance/service vehicle lot on the west side of Jacobson Faculty Tower will be closed for construction of Mohonk Walk West from March 2015 to September 2015.
The College encourages everyone to check the online campus map and pay attention to campus updates and communications concerning construction projects via e-mail and on the College website.
As you arrive on campus and have any suggestions or comments relating to the parking arrangements, please submit them to our parking office at firstname.lastname@example.org.