Required application documentation
- Your application must be signed by your advisor (from your home institution) indicating approval of all courses your wish to enroll in at New Paltz and providing signed proof of your good academic and disciplinary standing.
- Submit an official transcript from your home institution.
Application & Required Documents Due Date
- May 1
- Nov. 1
- SUNY New Paltz does not process visiting student applications for the summer session as the summer session is open to the general public, providing certain basic requirements and course prerequistes are met.
SUNY New Paltz reserves the right to change application due dates without notice.
Approval as a Visiting Student
- You will be notified of the enrollment decision by mail.
- You may register for courses, on a space available basis, only during the registration period noted for visiting students on the Academic Calendar.
- You must document that you have met any and all course prerequisites.
- You may not request "permission of instructor" overrides for closed course sections.
- Upon course registration, you will receive an invoice from the Office of Student Accounts with a payment due date. Failure to abide by this date will result in course de-registration.
- If you are receiving financial aid (including loans) from your home institution, you are responsible for making arrangements with your home institution to ensure the continuation of financial aid.
On-campus housing is not available.