Apply to Become a Student Ambassador
Fall 2019 applications are now being accepted!
Any and all majors are welcome to apply.
Please see below for application details.
WHAT IS A STUDENT AMBASSADOR?
A Student Ambassador is the primary student contact between the public and SUNY New Paltz in the area of Undergraduate Admission. A Student Ambassador is charged with serving as a host to visiting prospective students and their families as well as providing guidance and information over the phone and through e-mail.
WHAT ARE THE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES?
- Host prospective students and their families on weekly walking tours of campus.
- Host campus visits two weekend days a month.
- Work Open House in the Fall and Accepted Students Day in the Spring.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Anyone who is a full-time undergraduate student, resides on campus, and will have sophomore standing for the semester they are applying for.
WHAT KIND OF PERSON MAKES A GOOD STUDENT AMBASSADOR?
- Most importantly, someone who genuinely loves to be part of the SUNY New Paltz community.
- Someone who enjoys sharing their experiences with others.
- Someone who is articulate, has good oral and written communication skills, and understands the meaning and importance of professionalism and outstanding customer service.
WHAT ELSE IS EXPECTED OF A STUDENT AMBASSADOR?
Each Student Ambassador is expected to carry out all tasks assigned to them in an exemplary manner. It is also expected that all Student Ambassadors hold a 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher.
HOW DO I APPLY?
A link to the Fall 2019 Student Ambassador application can be found below. Along with your application, you are required to submit one professional reference. Student references are not acceptable.
Before submitting your application, please be sure to carefully review the Student Ambassador requirements and responsibilities to ensure that you fully understand the commitments of the position.
Application and reference deadline: Thursday, February 28, 2019. Late applications will not be accepted.
Group Interviews: Tuesday, March 5, 2019 - Thursday, March 14, 2019
Individual Interviews: Tuesday, March 26, 2019 - Thursday, April 4, 2019
QUESTIONS? PLEASE CONTACT:
Associate Director of Freshman Admission
Coordinator of Campus Visits