» Academic Support
» Financial Support and Recognition
» Career Guidance and Professional Development
- Advising – Each AC² student is assigned an experienced AC² advisor who will be available to discuss academic, career and personal issues. We believe that many advisors are needed to make the most of a college education. So, this AC² advisor is there to enhance and expand upon the guidance students receive from their major advisor and the advisor assigned through the office of Academic Advising.
- Tutor Network – AC² students can obtain assistance in their science, engineering, math, computer science, psychology and accounting courses from our peer and professional tutors. Additional assistance is available at the Tutoring Center.
- Lending Library – AC² students can borrow calculators, study guides and textbooks from the Lending Library. The library contains many of the textbooks needed for core courses in the majors we serve. New textbooks for the library are purchased at the start of the year when we asses the needs of our incoming students. Current students will find the Lending Library policies, a list of current texts and materials that are available, and the Textbook Request form in the “Documents” Folder on our Blackboard Community Site.
- General Physics 1 Workshop – Many AC² students must take General Physics 1. Each semester the AC² Program sponsors a problem solving workshop that accompanies General Physics 1.
- Math and Science Refresher Workshops – Strong mathematics skills are critical to strong academic performance in AC² majors. At the beginning of each term, one or more weekend workshops are offered to give students the opportunity to hone their math and basic science skills.
Financial Support and Recognition
- AMP and CSTEP Scholars Book Awards – At the start of each semester AC² students who earned a semester GPA of 3.0 or above in the previous semester and have participated in one or more AC² event receive a gift card for the Campus Bookstore.
- AMP & CSTEP Outstanding Scholar Achievement Awards – At the end of the academic year AC² students can apply to receive one of eight awards that recognize academic achievement and program participation. Awardees receive a plaque and award of $250 to $750 at the Annual AC² Recognition Dinner in May.
Career Guidance and Professional Development
- Coffeehouses – AC² students will have the opportunity to meet with faculty and professionals, as well as other New Paltz students, in an informal setting to discuss relevant issues in their fields.
- Resume, graduate school and research experience narratives, and cover letter guidance are provided by AC² program advisors.
- Fieldtrips - AC² students have the opportunity to attend fieldtrips throughout the academic year
- Science Seminars – AC² students are invited to hear from professors and professionals on relevant topics in the STEM fields
- Support is provided for Standardized Test Prep courses and for attendance at Career/Graduate School conference attendance
Additional assistance is provided at the Career Resource Center in Humanities 105. Also, see Research and Internships page for more information.