Matriculated undergraduate students needing an advisor should contact the department where they plan to major or, if they are undecided, the Academic Advising Center, at 845-257-3015. Undergraduate students who have 60 credits completed or in progress will not be permitted to register for additional credits unless they have declared a major. Recipients of TAP who have completed 60 credits must declare a major in order to continue to receive a TAP award.

Non-matriculated undergraduate students who plan to apply for admission to SUNY New Paltz should make an appointment to discuss their course selection with a transfer advisor in Undergraduate Admissions, 845-257-3200.

Graduate students need the permission of the instructor to take an undergraduate course.