EGM332 Fluid Mechanics
Analysis of steady ideal and viscous fluid flow systems using the continuity, Bernoulli and momentum equations. Boundary layer theory is treated in terms of viscous and pressure drag, lift, and its importance in heat and mass transfer. Dimensional analysis and dynamic similitude are studied to provide an understanding of flow systems analysis and modeling. Introduction to pipe flow and open channel flow.
- Must be enrolled in the following level: Undergraduate
- Must be enrolled in one of the following majors: Electrical Engineering (517), Mechanical Engineering (521), Computer Engineering (518)
- May not be enrolled in the following class: Freshman
- EGM212 Minimum Grade of C- and EGM331 Minimum Grade of C-* and MAT359 Minimum Grade of C-
* May be taken at the same time