ARS334 Digital Video
Investigates visual communication through the use of digital video. Techniques covered include camera controls and editing with Final Cut Pro software. Conceptual issues addressed include linear and non-linear narrative structures, pacing, and the development of meaning through layering, narrative progression, repetition and sound. Readings will cover historical and theoretical issues in video art. Students are encouraged to purchase a mini-DV or digital video camera. Some are provided. May be repeated for credit.
- 3 (may be repeated for credit)
- Must be enrolled in the following level: Undergraduate
- Must be enrolled in one of the following majors: Visual Arts Education (189), Ceramics (271), Metal (272), Graphic Design (279), Printmaking (274), Sculpture (275), Photography (276), Visual Arts (277), Undeclared:Pre-Art Education (00AE), Painting (273)
- May not be enrolled in the following class: Freshman
- (ARS230 or 09230) and (ARS100* or 09100*) and (ARS101* or 09101*) and (ARS102* or 09102*) and (ARS103* or 09103*)
* May be taken at the same time