ARS451 Contemporary Issues
This course explores significant contemporary issues and critical viewpoints in photography. While specific content may vary, some topics might include the role photography plays in politics and activism, advertising and consumerism, ethnic and sexual identity, and the documentation of family and personal life. This course is structured around readings, discussion and development of a major individual photograph project. May be repeated for credit.
- 3 (may be repeated for credit)
- Must be enrolled in the following level: Undergraduate
- Must be enrolled in one of the following majors: Visual Arts Education (189), Ceramics (271), Metal (272), Graphic Design (279), Printmaking (274), Sculpture (275), Photography (276), Visual Arts (277), Undeclared:Pre-Art Education (00AE), Painting (273)
- May not be enrolled in the following class: Freshman
- (ARS230 or 09230) and (ARS250 or 09250) and (ARS333 or 09333) and (ARS100* or 09100*) and (ARS101* or 09101*) and (ARS102* or 09102*) and (ARS103* or 09103*)
* May be taken at the same time