Instructions to complete the validation process
If you received a message saying you did not complete the validation process to be able to receive text messages on your cell phone in the event of an emergency announcement, please follow the instructions below to validate your account:
1. Make sure you have your phone with you & that it is turned on & able to accept text messages.
3. Students, click on the "Student Services" tab, faculty/Staff select the "Faculty/Staff Services" tab, and affiliated users select the "Affiliated Users" tab.
4. See the channel that's called TXT.me.NP and login within the channel with the username and password you setup.
- If you created your account between October 31-November 19, 2007, your username is your NPCUID. If you created an account before this date, you selected your own username. If you created an account after November 19, your username is your New Paltz e-mail address (NPCUID@newpaltz.edu). If you can't remember what it is, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and we can try to look it up for you.
- If you cannot remember your password, the "forgot password" link does not work because your e-mail address is not currently in the system. Please e-mail email@example.com if you forgot your password and we will need to delete your TXT.me.NP account and have you sign-up again. We strongly recommend making the password the same as your NPCUID.
5. Once you are logged in to the e2campus system, select the "Services" tab.
6. Under the "Services" tab you will see a section where your phone is listed under the SMS (Text Messaging) section. Press the "validate now" link to the right of it.
7. A new validation code will be sent to your cell phone (it will be four digits).
8. Enter this four digit code in the form on this same page, then click the "validate" button.
It should say, "you have successfully signed up."
You can now log out of my.newpaltz.edu, and your account has been validated and setup to receive these text messages.
If you encounter a problem, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the details. (Make sure you used the Mozilla Firefox browser, not Internet Explorer!)