> TRAVEL VOUCHER FORM
PLEASE NOTE: A voucher must be completed for every trip taken!
Even if all expenditures were pre-paid and no reimbursement is required!
- to document actual expenditures of trip for reimbursement or refund of prepayment
- to reimburse traveler for day business trips that are less than $200.
- to provide original receipts showing method of payment with 0 balance due (if over $75.)
- to include authorized signatures for actual payment of travel
- to close the open travel requisition
How to complete the form
Required Information – all gray areas must be completed
- Requisition Number, Account Number/s and amounts for each account
- Name, Home Address, Date, Purpose of Trip, Destination, Departure/Return info, Neg. Unit
- list registration fee, include a receipt if requesting reimbursement
- if membership fee was required to attend conference, attach a justification form with receipt
- -list mode of transportation used with cost and original receipt attached
- -list mileage break down if personal car was used on an automobile statement of travel (round off to nearest mile)
- -list cost of lodging expense with original receipt attached (receipt should show zero balance due), if within per diem no justification form required
- -list meals by number of days and per diem or day trip rate totals, no receipts required (round off meals up or down accordingly)
- list details of all incidentals with cost of each expense separately, no receipts are required under $75 for each incident
- list any prepayments made prior to taking trip, then deduct from total of reimbursement. The total amount should only reflect what is owed to you after the trip. (In some cases, this may be zero – or if an advance was given prior to the trip, you may owe!)
- supervisor and authorized signature for account approval must sign
Travel vouchers should be submitted to Accounts Payable, HAB 304, promptly upon return from trip for a faster reimbursement, but not later than 30 days after trip was taken. Reimbursements will now be processed in the form of a direct deposit or a check based on the way the employee’s payroll payment is currently set up.