Bills and calling summaries will be posted to your online account at www.paetecasp.com/NewPaltz during the first week of every month. Please make sure that you logon to review your calls to ensure that there is no suspicious activity on your account. If you incur charges for international calls, it is your responsibility to check your account online and pay by the 25th of the month.
All payments are due by the 25th of the month; for example, the bill dated September 1, 2005, for calls placed in August of 2005, will be due on September 25, 2005. We cannot give cash back (change) for checks, money orders or travelers’ checks; however, you may apply an overpayment towards the next month's bill. DON’T STAND IN LINE!!! Use the drop box outside the Telecommunications Office, HAB 35, for all non-cash payments.
Forms of Payment
• Cash – Cash payments will only be accepted in person at the Telecommunications Office, HAB 40, between 8:30a.m. - 4:30p.m. Monday - Friday. Please make sure you save your receipt for payment. We will not be responsible for cash payments left in the drop box or sent in the mail.
• Traveler’s Checks – Will be treated as a cash payment. Please make the check out to “Telecommunications,” write your telephone number on the front, and come into the office to get a receipt.
• Money Orders -- Will be treated as a cash payment. Please make the money order out to “Telecommunications,” write your telephone number on the front, and come into the office to get a receipt.
• MasterCard and Visa credit cards -- You may phone in your Visa or MasterCard payment (x3003) or fill out the authorization form and leave it in the drop box outside our office,
• Checks – Please make the check out to “Telecommunications,” write your telephone number on the front, and leave it in the drop box outside our office.
If your account remains unpaid after ninety (90) days, it will be transferred to the office of Student Accounts for collection through the New York State Attorney General’s office. If you satisfy the outstanding balance with them and want to have your PBN re-activated, we will require a $50.00 deposit.
If payment is not received by the due date, a late payment fee of $10.00 will be charged to your account and your PBN will be disconnected. You must request that your PBN be reconnected. A hold will be placed on grades, transcripts and registration for all students who do not pay their bill by the 25th of the month in which it is due. If the account remains unpaid, it will be transferred to Student Accounts for collection through the NY State Department of Law. When paying a delinquent account, it is suggested that you pay in cash or certified check to ensure that your obligation is cleared immediately.
There will be a $20.00 Service Fee for all checks returned unpaid by the bank against which they are drawn. This includes stop payments and checks returned for insufficient funds. You will be given ten days after written notification of a returned check in which to make payment in one of the following forms: certified check, money order, credit card or cash. Failure to make payment on a returned check within 10 days after notification will result in denial of telephone service and placement on the College Record's holds list. If you bounce a check with Telecommunications, all future payments for telephone service must be made by certified check, money order, credit card or cash.
If your account balance reaches or exceeds $150.00, we may request partial payment immediately to ensure that you do not incur too large a phone bill. We also reserve the right to cancel your PBN until payment is received. We cannot automatically cancel your PBN when you exceed the $150.00 credit limit, so it is your responsibility to monitor your balance.
If you have a question about the charges on your phone bill, bring your bill to the Telecommunications Office. You are responsible for bringing any discrepancies to our attention within thirty days of the bill date.