Extended Learning Initiatives
In collaboration with SUNY New Paltz's major academic units, the Office of Extended Learning serves students in the Hudson Valley region through several different programs.
- The Extension Program: Offers select SUNY New Paltz courses through the departments of Educational Administration and Elementary Education at convenient sites in the Hudson Valley. Late afternoon, evening, 1-2 week courses, and weekend courses are offered to allow busy working adults different options close to home. Visit www.newpaltz.edu/regionaled/extension for more information.
- The Distance Learning Program: Offers 100+ online undergraduate and graduate level courses in a variety of disciplines leading towards a degree. Go to the extension program website for course listing and useful FAQs.
- Summer Session: Select from hundreds of courses at all levels in seated, blended (seated and online), and online formats. Catch up, finish a class quickly, get ahead, fulfill requirements, and finish early. See www.newpaltz.edu/summer and register today!
- Classroom Technology Institute (CTI): CTI offers specially designed graduate level courses for teachers and prospective teachers. Courses offer creative and effective strategies to integrate technology into the K-12 curriculum. Hands-on in the computer lab and blended (seated and online) modalities are used. See the CTI website for course listings and information.
- University in the High School: Working with select high schools in the Hudson Valley region, SUNY New Paltz offers high school students college credit. Start your college career with advanced standing while you're in high school. See the website for more information.
- The Lifetime Learning Institute: The Institute offers a broad array of noncredit, noncompetitive courses for adult learners 55 years and older. Visit the Lifetime Learning Institute website for more information.