Office of Extended Learning
Extended Learning Initiatives
In collaboration with SUNY New Paltz's major academic units, the Office of Extended Learning serves students in the Hudson Valley region through several different programs.
- The Extension Program: Offers select SUNY New Paltz courses through the department of Educational Administration at convenient sites in the Hudson Valley. Late afternoon, evening, 1-2 week courses and weekend courses are offered to allow busy working adults different options close to home. For more information go to www.newpaltz.edu/regionaled/extension
- The Distance Learning Program: SUNY New Paltz offers online courses for busy students to continue their education. You can choose from over 90 online undergraduate courses and several online graduate courses during our summer session. www.newpaltz.edu/regionaled/extension.
- Summer Session: Over 300 courses at all levels are offered during our 5 and 9 week summer sessions. Catch up, finish a class quickly, get ahead, fulfill requirements, and finish early. See www.newpaltz.edu/summer and register today!
- Classroom Technology Institute (CTI): CTI offers graduate-level courses each summer session at times convenient for busy students. Courses teach effective, creative, and appropriate ways to integrate technology into the K-12 curriculum. Hands-on in the computer labs — learning to use technology to enhance learning in the classroom. See the Extended Learning website for course listings.
- Graduate Admissions Advising: The Office of Graduate Admission Advising provides program and admissions information to prospective graduate students. Schedule an appointment, call or email us to work with an advisor who provides individualized program and application information. We provide convenient evening and weekend hours. Go to the Extended Learning website for more information.
- University in the High School: Working with select high schools in the Hudson Valley region, SUNY New Paltz offers high school students college credit. Start your college career with advanced standing while you're in high school. See the website for more information.