| Blackboard | Hawkmail | Library | Zimbra

A-Z Index | Contact Us | People-Finder

» Current Students | » Faculty & Staff | » Future Students | » Parents | » Alumni, Donors & Friends | » Athletics | » Employment | » Give Today!

photo of the SUNY New Paltz campus

Campus Services

Athletic Facilities
The Athletic and Wellness Center (AWC) and Elting Gym are open during the summer from May to August. Recreational activities include two state-of-the-art fitness rooms, open swim, indoor/outdoor track, racquetball, mountain bike rental, tennis, basketball, and personal training. A valid SUNY ID card and membership must be presented to use the facilities. Enrolled summer session students are permitted to use AWC at no charge — however, for full-time undergraduate and graduate students not enrolled for summer, there is a $75 membership for the summer. For more information, call 845-257-6956, email Keith Kenney at or visit the Wellness & Recreation website for exact dates and times.

The Bookstore is located in the Student Union Building and is open Monday–Thursday, 9 a.m.–4 p.m. and Friday 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. in the summer. For your convenience, the Bookstore has extended hours at the beginning of each summer session. Books can be ordered online at For more information call: 845-257-3050.

Campus Office Hours
Through May 16, offices are usually open from 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m. Summer office hours (May 19–Aug. 18) are usually 9 a.m.–4 p.m. It is advisable to check with individual offices to verify their hours. Many offices close for lunch. Office hours may change without notice.

Career Resource Center
The Career Resource Center (CRC) provides one-on-one career counseling, assistance with finding internships or post-graduate opportunities, practice interview coaching, resume critiques as well as assessments to help students and alumni identify potential majors or possible career options. The Center sponsors job fairs for all students from all majors through out the academic year. The CRC has Internet access and computers available for students to browse the World Wide Web to conduct job searches or to obtain career related information, and to prepare their job application documents. Our online database for employment opportunities is eRecruiting. The link is on our website.

The Career Resource Center serves as a campus clearinghouse for internships and volunteer opportunities. Whether students want credit or just experience for an internship, a full-time summer position, or a full-time job after graduation, we can help.

For further information, on any of these programs or services, visit the Center in HUM 105, open all summer 8 a.m.–4 p.m., or their website, or call 845-257-3265. E-mail address is You can also find the center on Facebook.

Child Care
The Children's Center is a non-profit organization which provides parents with an opportunity to attend classes and to meet their children's needs. Parents with children between the ages of two and five are eligible to apply. Children of students are given priority, though children of faculty and staff members will be considered as space is available. Located in the Senator Charles Cook Children's Center (CCCC), the Center is open every day the College is in session, 7:30 a.m.–5 p.m. For information, call 845-257-2910 or visit the Center at any time.

ID Cards
New Paltz ID cards are issued to new students at the Campus Card Services office in Student Union 64. ID cards are required identification to check out books from the library and at other times when verification of student status is required. There is a one time $20 charge for new ID cards and a $10 charge for replacement cards.

Room Rent and Meal Plans
All summer residents will reside in Lenape Hall, which houses two styles of rooms: corridor triple with bathroom and suite triple with bathroom.

Housing Requirement: You must be enrolled in at least one class per summer session requested.

To reserve a room you MUST have completed a Summer Residence Hall License between April 14 and May 12 at the Office of Residence Life in Capen Hall. We are open Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.–5 p.m. STUDENTS WHO FAIL TO RESERVE A ROOM BY 5 P.M. ON MAY 12 WILL NOT BE GUARANTEED HOUSING. For detailed information visit the summer housing page.

If you have questions regarding on-campus housing, please feel free to contact the Department of Residence Life between the hours of 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, at 845-257-4444. You may visit or write us at:

The Office of Residence Life
Capen Hall
1000 Hawk Drive
State University of New York at New Paltz
New Paltz, NY 12561-2444

Meal Plan
All summer residents MUST have a meal plan. Questions regarding food service should be addressed to Campus Card Services by calling 845-257-3034.

Meal Plan – 19 meals per week: $141 per week
Meal Plan – 15* meals per week: $124 per week

(*15 meals per week are Monday-Friday, no weekends.)

Services For Students With Disabilities
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, SUNY New Paltz provides reasonable accommodations to any student with a documented disability. Students are asked to contact the Disability Resource Center (DRC) to request the appropriate and reasonable accommodations that they may need for their courses. The DRC can be reached at 845-257-3020 or email

Sojourner Truth Library
The Sojourner Truth Library offers access to both online and print reference and information sources, including 150 databases and over 76,000  online and 350 print journals.  The library has a print collection of 455,000 volumes and and more than 90,000 e-books. You can get help with research from a librarian in person, online or by phone.  Library hours are posted at and are announced on 845-257-3700.   A validated New Paltz ID is required to borrow library materials and access to electronic resources.