| Blackboard | Hawkmail | Library | Zimbra

A-Z Index | Contact Us | People-Finder

» Current Students | » Faculty & Staff | » Future Students | » Parents | » Alumni, Donors & Friends | » Athletics | » Employment | » Give Today!

photo of the SUNY New Paltz campus


Matriculated undergraduate students needing an advisor should contact the department where they plan to major or, if they are undecided, the Academic Advising Center, Old Main 127, 845-257-3015. Undergraduate students who have 75 credits completed or in progress will not be permitted to register for additional credits unless they have declared a major. Recipients of TAP who have completed 60 credits must declare a major in order to continue to receive a TAP award.

Non-matriculated undergraduate students who plan to apply for admission to SUNY New Paltz should make an appointment to discuss their course selections with a transfer advisor in the Office of Admissions, 845-257-3200. Pre-college aged students may, with the recommendation of their guidance counselor, register for courses appropriate to their abilities.

Non-matriculated graduate students may take no more than 6-9 total graduate credits without matriculating into a graduate program. Enrollment in some courses is restricted to matriculated students, and many have pre-requisites. Contact the department offering the course for permission to enroll. Students who have already completed 6-9 graduate credits must submit a Non-matriculated Student Waiver Form to the Graduate School before they will be allowed to register for additional classes. To learn more about registering as a non-matriculated graduate student, visit:

There are no credit limits for matriculated graduate students.