GET AHEAD. CATCH UP. DO SUMMER AT NEW PALTZ!
Summer Session at SUNY New Paltz provides an opportunity for students to make up needed credits, speed up their progress to a degree, or explore a special interest. Make the most of your free time this summer!
Why do summer at New Paltz?
- More than 300 online and on-campus courses are offered through several different sessions from May to early August, providing a flexible and convenient schedule for your summer plans.
- You’ll take classes at one of the most well-regarded public colleges in the nation, ranked No. 2 in the Affordable Colleges Online list of “Top 50 affordable colleges nationally with a high return on investment,” and No. 4 among the best public regional universities in the north by U.S. News & World Report.
- Use summer session to focus your studies on one or two more challenging classes, or lighten your fall and spring course loads with courses that fulfill general education requirements.
- Earn college credit while studying abroad; excavate a local archeological site through the Archeological Field School; or participate in one of several other special programs offered to undergraduate, graduate, and visiting students.
- Smaller class sizes increase the quality of classroom interactions and relationships between our faculty and students.
- Learn from more than 100 full-time New Paltz faculty members who have received numerous research honors and are consistently cited by SUNY for excellence in teaching.
"I've taught online classes, such as psychology of personality and evolutionary studies seminar, in summers or winters since 2000. I love it! The online environment provides a great context for all students in the class to actively participate, and the dialectical discussion board allows for extensive and continuous feedback on student work. Online classes are a lot of work for both teacher and student, but the intellectual benefits, when done well, make it all worth while!" --Glenn Geher, Ph.D. Director of Evolutionary Studies
Transfer and visiting students
Summer session is the perfect time for transfer students starting this fall to get ahead on their course of study before the start of the semester, or visiting students who would like to earn credits while home for the summer. Visit our advising page and transfer advice page for more information on how to register and get started with summer classes at SUNY New Paltz.
Available courses viewable on the schedule of classes
April 13 – Registration begins
Other important dates for Summer Session 2015 are listed on the academic calendar.