This program provides free online tutoring for enrolled SUNY New Paltz students in various subjects.
What You Need to Know
- Online Tutoring is free.
- Online tutoring is part of shared services consortium with 19 other SUNY colleges.
- Each participating SUNY—including SUNY New Paltz—identifies trained and qualified tutors to provide online tutoring.
- The following core subjects are specific to SUNY New Paltz students:
- Math - Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Pre-Calculus, Calc I, & Intro to Statistics
- Chemistry - Introductory, General, & Organic
- Biology - Introductory & Anatomy & Physiology
- Physics - Introductory
- Accounting – Introductory
- Computer Science – introductory (7 pm – 10 pm only)
- Economics - Introductory, Micro, & Macro
- Writing - Any course below the 400 level (with the exception of foreign languages).
Hours and Availability
Fall 2017: Tuesday September 5 - Tuesday December 12, 2017**
Spring 2018: Tuesday January 30 - Thursday May 10, 2018
**Please note: Thanksgiving Break will include Tuesday November 21 through Thursday November 23.
How to Access STAR-NY Online Tutoring
Instructions for Working with an Online Tutor
- Email papers, assignments, questions, etc. to firstname.lastname@example.org (papers should be sent as .docx or .pdf). Documents can be sent to this email at any time, but to receive feedback and tutoring a student must enter the online tutoring platform between 7:00pm and midnight Sundays through Thursdays. Refer to the schedule for available subjects each evening. Tutors do not respond or correct work through email correspondence. To receive online tutoring, a student must interact with the tutor in the online platform.
- Open a browser other than Internet Explorer such as Firefox, Safari, or Chrome to log into the tutoring site: www.cortland.edu/asap/online/star-NY_signin.asp.
- Click on the "Sign In Here" link. Enter the information requested.
- Select the room for the subject in which assistance is needed. There may be a wait, as students are helped in the order in which they log on. Tutors will greet students in the chat box area to the right of the whiteboard.
- If you encounter any problems with the website, or have any questions, please e-mail email@example.com.