STAR-NY Online Tutoring Service
This program provides free online tutoring for enrolled SUNY New Paltz students in various subjects.
What You Need to Know
- Online Tutoring is free.
- Online tutoring is part of shared services consortium with 19 other SUNY colleges.
- Each participating SUNY—including SUNY New Paltz—identifies trained and qualified tutors to provide online tutoring.
- The following core subjects are specific to SUNY New Paltz students:
- Math - Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Pre-Calculus, Calc I, & Intro to Statistics
- Chemistry - Introductory, General, & Organic
- Biology - Introductory & Anatomy & Physiology
- Physics - Introductory
- Accounting – Introductory
- Computer Science – introductory (7 pm – 10 pm only)
- Economics - Introductory, Micro, & Macro
- Writing - Any course below the 400 level (with the exception of foreign languages).
Hours and Availability
Spring 2017 tutoring runs from Feb. 7th to May 11th. Tutors are available Sunday through Thursday from 7 p.m. to MIDNIGHT.
How to Access STAR-NY Online Tutoring
Go to http://www.cortland.edu/asap/online/STAR-NY_signin.asp
Instructions for Working with an Online Tutor
- Email papers, assignments, questions, etc. to email@example.com (papers should be sent as .docx or .pdf). Documents can be sent to this email at any time, but to receive feedback and tutoring a student must enter the online tutoring platform between 7:00pm and midnight Sundays through Thursdays. Refer to the schedule for available subjects each evening. Tutors do not respond or correct work through email correspondence. To receive online tutoring, a student must interact with the tutor in the online platform.
- Open a browser other than Internet Explorer such as Firefox, Safari, or Chrome to log into the tutoring site: www.cortland.edu/asap/online/star-NY_signin.asp.
- Click on the "Sign In Here" link. Enter the information requested.
- Select the room for the subject in which assistance is needed. There may be a wait, as students are helped in the order in which they log on. Tutors will greet students in the chat box area to the right of the whiteboard.
- If you encounter any problems with the website, or have any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.