- PAY YOUR PRE-ENROLLMENT DEPOSIT If you have not already done so, please log on to my.newpaltz.edu to pay your $150 PED (pre-enrollment deposit) by VISA, MasterCard, or AMEX or call the Office of Student Accounts at (845) 257-3150. This deposit is not an additional fee; it is a ‘down-payment’ towards your bill, and will be deducted from the bill you receive once you have registered for classes. Remember: you will not be able to select a session nor register unless your PED deposit is paid.
- SIGN UP EARLY TO ENSURE YOUR FIRST CHOICE There are a limited number of spaces available in each session for each major. Please look for our reservation site online at www.newpaltz.edu/orientation and sign-up for one of the sessions. If you are not paying your Orientation conference fee by VISA, AMEX, or MasterCard online, you can instead utilize the enclosed Transfer Course Registration and Orientation Form and return it with your conference fee in the enclosed envelope indicating your first and second choice. The $25 fee includes a complete program, materials, morning refreshments, lunch and New Paltz souvenir. (Guests pay a fee of $15 and receive refreshments, lunch and a New Paltz souvenir.). Walk-ins cannot be accommodated, as specific faculty advising is arranged for majors in advance.
- YOU WILL RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION POSTCARD Once we have processed your reservation form, we will confirm your session date by mail.
- BE PREPARED BY REVIEWING THE “DEAR TRANSFER STUDENT” LETTER AND “QUESTIONS FREQUENTLY ASKED BY INCOMING TRANSFER STUDENTS” on the next page
- BRING TWO THINGS WITH YOU A $20 for your college I.D. card. You will have your photo taken for your card and will receive the I.D. before you leave. Please bring this additional $20 with you on the day of Transfer Course Registration and Orientation (payable by cash, check, Master or VISA card) to pay the one-time cost of your I.D. An official Photo I.D. is required from you on that day: e.g. driver’s license, school photo I.D., state issued I.D., or passport. (If none are available, please bring two other forms of I.D.) B A printout of your Fall 2010 classes if you are enrollled at a college (and your grades if they have been posted in time)
- PARK IN THE DESIGNATED LOT and CHECK-IN AT THE
STUDENT UNION BEGINNING at 8:30a.m.
Refer to the campus map which directs you to Lot 28 located on Rt. 32 South. A parking permit is not
required on the day of the program, but this lot is the only one approved for no ticketing on these dates
for Transfer Orientation. You will receive a Vehicle Registration/Hang Tag application for your first
semester when you attend the program. If you bring your vehicle registration with you, once you have
registered for courses you can purchase a parking hang tag on that day as well.