Beginning at your Course Registration and Orientation session, we help you to plan your academic program throughout your college career:
We provide you with:
- time with an Academic Advisor
- Progress Reports each semester, which serve as your student advising tool, highlighting:
- Your completion of college requirements.
- Your credits in progress.
- other resources for your academic success!
At the New Paltz Transfer Orientation you will have the opportunity to:
- Review your Official Transfer Credit Evaluation - our Transfer Admission counselors will assess all course work completed at previous institutions so that your official transfer credit evaluation can be ready when you arrive at Transfer Orientation.
- Meet with Faculty Advisors - Your advisor will familiarize you with the academic expectations of your major and designate those transfer credits which meet major requirements.
- Register for Classes - With the help of your advisor, you will plan your schedule and register for classes.
- Maximize your College Experience - Professionals and student leaders will demonstrate how internships, study abroad, community service, leadership experience, technology and other essential elements lead to career success.
- Discover Campus Life - Specialists from the areas of Intramurals, Varsity Athletics, Residence Life, College Activities, Health and Wellness will acquaint you with the many offerings which enhance a well-rounded New Paltz experience.
**Important**: Orientation is how you sign-up for classes, apply for your College ID card and e-mail address.
What Should I Bring to Transfer Course Registration and Orientation?
- $20 for your College I.D. Card Application
- Car registration - if you plan on purchasing parking tag
If you have questions regarding the Transfer Course Registration and Orientation Program, call the Center for Student Development at (845) 257-3088. If you have any questions regarding your transfer credits, please call the Office of Undergra