New Student Move-In Day & Kick-Off Program for Orientation Part II
Residence halls open for first-year students at 10 AM and the college community greets and directs every- one to their new ‘home away from home.’ Students meet their groups for their first dinner on campus and attend the kick-off program together.
Orientation Part II & Fall Convocation
Students continue the orientation process through attendance at academic programs and at introduc- tory receptions where they will have the opportunity to meet faculty in their discipline. New students then all attend Fall Convocation, an annual ceremony marking the student’s new academic journey.
These two days of activities for new and returning students not only include introductory receptions with academic departments, but fun-filled events including movies, a psychic fair, coffee houses, a local merchant fair with free giveaways and food, trips to shopping malls and the annual lip-sync finals.
Parent and Family Weekend
Plan to visit your student and see the college in the beautiful fall season. On-campus activities and exhibitions, as well as a variety of regional events, will be taking place. Information will be mailed home in September to reserve space in advance, or see our website at www.newpaltz.edu/parentsweekend for more information.
Important Phone Numbers
- Center for Student Development: 845.257.3088
- University Police: 845.257.2222
- Residence Life: 845.257.4444
- Academic Advising: 845.257.3015
- Financial Aid: 845.257.3250
- Student Accounts: 845.257.3150
- Undergraduate Admission: 845.257.3200
- Telecommunications: 845.257.3001
- Disability Resource Center: 845.257.3020
- Student Health Center: 845.257.3400
- Psychological Counseling Center: 845.257.2920
- ID/Meal Plans: 845.257.3034
- Student Affairs: 845.257.3260