Travelling to SUNY New Paltz by car
To get to New York State Exit 18 (New Paltz):
- From the South take the NYS Thruway (Interstate 87) north to Exit 18.
- From the North take NYS Thruway (Interstate 87) south to Exit 18.
- From the Northeast take NYS Thruway (Interstate 90) east to Albany and then south (I-87) to Exit 18.
- From Connecticut take Interstate 84 west to Exit 7S. Follow sign for NYS Thruway (I- 87). Take Thruway north to Exit 18.
- From New Jersey take the Garden State Parkway to Route 17 (Exit 163). Proceed 14 miles to the NYS Thruway north to Exit 18.
To get to campus from Exit 18:
- From Exit 18 turn left at the traffic light after the toll booth. Turn left (at the third traffic light after the Thruway entrance) onto South Manheim Boulevard (Route 32 South) and proceed 1⁄2 mile to Huguenot Court. *
To get to campus from Mid-Hudson Bridge:
- From Mid Hudson Bridge turn right onto Route 9W north. Proceed 23⁄4miles to traffic light intersection with Route 299. Turn left onto Route 299 and proceed approximately six miles to New Paltz. Turn left onto South Manheim Boulevard (Route 32 South) and proceed 1⁄2 mile to Huguenot Court. *
* Make a right onto Huguenot Court, then make your first right into Lot 11, Crispell Lot. After parking, please bring all of your student's luggage with you and follow the signs and balloons to DuBois Hall (Student Program). Once your student is checked in, all parents who are participating in the Parent & Family Program should return to their vehicles and make a right out of Lot 11. At the second stop sign, make a right onto Southside Loop and proceed to the 2nd stop sign. Make a left onto South Road and proceed 1⁄10 mile to Lenape Hall, the large building on your right. Vehicles may be parked across the street in Esopus Hall Parking (Lot 36) or in West Student Parking (Lot 37A off Hawk Drive). All parent & family members who are participating in the program need to check-in at Lenape Hall to receive their materials by 11a.m.
Travelling to SUNY New Paltz by bus
If you are traveling by bus from NYC(Port of Authority):
- Please purchase a round-trip ticket from NYC to New Paltz. If you are arriving the evening before Orientation for extra night housing, please try to take the 6:00 p.m. bus out of NYC. If you are arriving on Tuesday, you can either take the 7:00 a.m. or 8:30 a.m. bus. Please be sure to tell the driver that you will need to be dropped off at SUNY New Paltz.
- You will be dropped off on campus in front of the Haggerty Administration Building. Please proceed to DuBois Hall. It is a short walk from this area to the hall, but if you will need as- sistance, please be sure to let us know ahead of time at (845) 257-3088, or call (845) 257-5100.
If you are traveling by bus from Long Island or Upstate New York:
- Please bring money ($5.00 each way before tip) as you will need to take a taxi from the Trailways bus terminal to DuBois Hall, SUNY New Paltz. Please call our office ahead of time at (845) 257-3088 if you are planning to travel via bus from these destinations, as we can plan to expect you.