**NEW** FUNDING OPPORTUNITY AND RESEARCH COLLABORATOR SEARCHABLE DATABASES
The Research Foundation has secured a SUNY system-wide license to the Community of Science (COS) integrated funding and collaboration product called Pivot. This online suite of tools is designed to facilitate grant seeking and collaboration within the international research community. Pivot is a great resource that will enable you to:
- Find funding for projects by searching the comprehensive funding opportunity database;
- Track specific funding opportunities and receive weekly email alerts regarding new opportunities that match your interests;
- Connect with other scholars who share your research interests for potential collaboration on future projects; and
- Showcase your research to the worldwide research community.
You can get started right now by entering search terms below:
To get full access to Pivot (which allows off-campus access and the ability to save and track searches), follow these steps:
1. Go to http://pivot.cos.com
2. Click on "Sign Up" at the upper right
3. Fill in the required information using your @newpaltz.edu email address, and click "Create My Account"
4. Click the link in your confirmation email. You can start using Pivot right away.
*For those of you who have profiles on InfoEd's SMARTS, Pivot will eventually replace this service. Our SMARTS subscription will run out April 30, 2013, so it is highly recommended that everyone on SMARTS familiarize themselves with Pivot.
Further information can be found at http://pivot.cos.com/support. You may also contact Carrie Corti at email@example.com or call (845) 257-3282 if you encounter trouble accessing Pivot, or simply would like more information.
OTHER USEFUL LINKS:
Federal Government Agencies - contains links to Federal government agencies that sponsor research, training, and other grant/contract opportunities. Most agencies provide information, program announcements, guidelines, and forms online.
State Government Agencies - contains links to State government agencies that sponsor research, training and other grant/contract opportunities. Most agencies provide information, program announcements, guidelines, and forms online.