EDUCATION PROGRAMS (CITI)
SUNY New Paltz uses the online Collaborative IRB Training Initiative (CITI) to satisfy compliance with Federal human subject education requirements.
Collaborative IRB Training Initiative
Please print the following instructions before following the link to www.citiprogram.org to begin your training.
Instructions on Registering for the Course:
- Click on New Users “Register Here” Link.
- Select your institutional affiliation (State University of New York—New Paltz) under the heading “Participating Institutions.”
- Establish a username and password. Then create a profile, filling out all required fields.
Important: Be sure to give a valid email address at which you may be contacted.
If you have never taken CITI before, follow these steps:
1. Selecting Curriculum:
Question 1: Select “Social and Behavioral Research.” This is the basic course and MUST be taken before any other CITI courses.
Question 2: This is only applicable if you have already taken the basic course and need Recertification (i.e “Refresher Course”).
Question 3: This does not have to be checked. The Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) course is not required for Human Subjects training.
- The next screen will validate your registry with SUNY New Paltz. If you need to submit other affiliations, click “Yes”; if not, click “No” to continue.
2. Learner’s Menu:
- This screen will tell you what course you are enrolled in and will display your Course Completion History. You may re-enter this menu at any time in order to update your profile information or to continue working on the course modules.
- A passing score of 70% is required to earn a training certificate.
Once you have completed your course, please download a copy of your transcript for your records. You must complete the Social/Behavioral Research: Social/Behavioral Research Investigators and Key Personnel in order to obtain approval from the SUNY New Paltz Institutional Review Board (IRB).