EDUCATION PROGRAMS (C.I.T.I.)
SUNY New Paltz uses the online Collaborative IRB Training Initiative (CITI) to satisfy compliance with Federal human subject education requirements.
Collaborative IRB Training Initiative (C.I.T.I.)
Please print the following instructions before you begin your training at www.citiprogram.org
Instructions to register for the course:
At the top right side of the screen, click Register.
Under Select Your Organization Affiliation, type SUNY - New Paltz. Click "I AGREE to the Terms of Service for accessing CITI Program materials". Next, click on Continue to Step 2.
Step 2: Complete the Personal Information section.
Step 3: Create your username and password.
Step 4: CITI asks for country.
Step 5: Complete the Option of Receiving Continuing Education Unit (CEU) Credit section.
Step 6: Complete the information requested by SUNY - New Paltz section.
1. Under Question 1, you must select Social/Behavioral Research: Social/Behavioral Research Investigators and Key Personnel if you are submitting a HREB application. This is the basic course and MUST be taken before any other CITI courses.
2. Under Question 2, select I have not previously completed an approved basic course. This is only applicable if you have already taken the basic course and need Recertification (i.e. "Refresher Course").
3. Under Question 3, select Not at this time.
4. Under Question 4, select Not at this time.
5. SKIP QUESTION 5!! The Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) course is NOT required for Human Subjects training.
6. Under Question 6, select No.
7. Under Question 7, select I am not required to complete the IPS course at this time.
8. Under Question 8, select Not at this time.
9. Now, click Complete Registration.
10. On the next screen, select Finalize Registration.
11. The screen will now say: Your registration has been completed successfully.
• Under SUNY - New Paltz Courses, it will list the courses you are enrolled in and will display your Course Completion History. You may re-enter this menu at any time in order to update your profile information or to continue working on the course modules.
• A passing score of 70% is required to earn a training certificate.
Once you have completed your course, please download a copy of your transcript for your records. You must complete the Social/Behavioral Research: Social/Behavioral Research Investigators and Key Personnel in order to obtain approval from the SUNY New Paltz Human Research Ethics Board (HREB). Certification for this particular course is valid for three years.