State Employees Federated Appeal - What is it and how can I help?
NOVEMBER IS SEFA PARTICIPATION MONTH!
NO GIFT IS TOO SMALL TO MAKE AN IMPACT!
SEFA provides ALL New York State employees (CSEA, UUP, PEF, COUNCIL 82 etc.) the opportunity to support a network of local, national and international community services all year long through payroll deduction. Your gift to SEFA helps people cope with the kinds of problems many of us hope we will never have to face (fires, floods, lack of food and shelter). SEFA serves State employees and thousands of others who are less fortunate. Your generosity is the most effective way to improve their quality of life.
Your contribution goes directly to the charity of your choosing.
How Your Contributions Work
Your investment of $1 each pay check for a year will provide:
- One month's discount rate medication for a kidney disease patient; or
- One wig for a patient who has lost his/her hair due to chemotherapy
Your investment of $3 each pay check for a year will provide:
- Three months of counseling sessions for a family dealing with Alzheimer's; or
- School books for two children in the Philippines
Your investment of $5 each pay check for a year will provide:
- 16 hours of Helpline calls for Alzheimer's and cancer caregivers and patients; or
- 10 hours of home care for an aging senior
Your investment of $8 each pay check for a year will provide:
- Promotion of safe swimming, fishing and boating by paying for Riverkeeper's monthly water tests at one of 44 sites on the Esopus or Rondout Creek, or the Wallkill River.
For our 2012-2013 campaign year, what is most important is to participate - give whatever you can, and together we can make a difference!
This year pledge cards will be distributed with your pay checks on Nov. 7. Please sign up online or return your signed pledge form by Nov. 30, 2012.
By participating, you will be entered to win one of 26 Payday Raffle gift certificates!
Thank you in advance for your support!
If you have any questions, call:
Robin Cohen-La Valle
SEFA Campaign Manager
SUNY New Paltz SEFA Committee members
Robin Cohen-La Valle, Campaign Manager