- Take the LAST Test (for Bachelor, MST, MAT)
- Take the ATS-W (for Bachelor, MST, MAT)
- Take the CST (for Bachelor, MST, MAT for those receiving initial certification; some MSEDs may need to take an additional CST)
- Take the Child Abuse Seminar (if interested in taking online, see www.childabuseworkshop.com) If taken anywhere other than SUNY New Paltz, a copy of the certificate of completion must be brought to Records and Registration, HAB 19.
- Take the SAVE Seminar (if interested in taking online, see www.violenceworkshop.com) If taken anywhere other than SUNY New Paltz, a copy of the certificate of completion must be brought to Records and Registration, HAB 19.
- Fingerprint packet sent to NYS Education Dept. (only for Bachelor, MST, MAT, MSED in Literacy or Special Education). Packets can be picked up in SCB 112.
- Complete Degree application (Must be submitted during your second to last semester. See academic calendar for each semester's deadline.) Download appropriate application from the Records & Registration Web site. Check with your department for return procedures. If they do not have one, return to Records and Registration, HAB 19
- The Teacher Certification application is now completed on-line. Students currently enrolled in SUNY New Paltz education programs can get assistance with the teacher certification process, including directions for certificate applications, on the TEACH system, program codes, fingerprint clearance, required NYSTCE testing, and mandatory training workshops. Detailed information on this can be found in "Certification Assistance."
Check your curriculum plan, Liberal Arts major plan, and progress report (undergraduates only) or your Plan of Study (graduates only) to make sure all course work has been completed.
This is a general graduation checklist for education majors, please check your departments for any other specific requirements.