Student Development Day "Recipe for Success" Conference Oct. 28, 2005
Sponsored by S.A. Management Association (MA)
Date: Friday, October 28th, 2005 Time: 10:00 a.m. - 4:15 p.m. Location: Student Union Building (SUB) Cost: $11.00 includes a continental breakfast and lunch buffet *Attendees have the option of paying by meal card, cash, check*
Description: The Management Association (MA) is hosting its fourth annual Student Development Day Conference and SUNY New Paltz students of all majors are invited to attend. Attendees will have the opportunity to gain the knowledge and skills to help in their career advancement, as well as receive the know-how necessary to promote themselves as potential employees. By taking part in workshops, presentations and educational exercises, students can learn from professionals in the fields of business, management, human resources and communications. Registration for the conference includes workshops, breakfast and lunch, where there will be a networking activity between local business professionals and students.
Workshops at Student Development Day include:
* "Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Interviewing But Were Too Afraid to Ask" -Diane Schroeder, HR Manager at Jim Waters Corp.
* "Hotel Management and Sales"- Debra Harris, Director of Sales at the Holiday Inn
* "Leadership in a Diverse Workplace"- Francoise Dunefsky, Chief Executive Officer at Gateway Community Industries
* "Balancing Work, Family and Life"- Denise Lewis, Founder of New You Coaching
* "A Simple Business Case for Diversity"- James B. Childs, Founder and President of JaRa Consulting
* "Cultural Awareness: Experience International Cuisines"- Gene Moncrief, Managing Director of Moncrief and Associates, Inc.
* "The Secret Recipe To Networking"- Rosann Levy, Co-Founder of Soho Dance Studio
* "How to Become a Master Chef of Your Business"- Arthur Levy, Co-Founder of Soho Dance Studio
* Leadership Panel- Miguel Blanco, Associate Publisher of El Aguila Editorial, Janet Kingston, CEO of the Girl Scouts, Ann Fody, Owner of Events Marketing and Management Company, TN Thompson, Millrock Technology Inc.
Registration will be taking place on the 1st floor of the Student Union Building (SUB) and in the School of Business Building (SBB) before October 28th. To register please contact Eranuvia Castillo (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Cynthia Mafla (email@example.com), Management Association Co-Presidents, or Kristin Backhaus (firstname.lastname@example.org), Management Association Advisor.