Student Development Day Conference Fri, Oct 29, 2004
Student Development Day Conference 2004 Sponsored by S.A. Management Association (MA) Date: Friday, October 29, 2004
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Cost: $11.00 includes a continental breakfast and lunch buffet *Attendees have the option of paying by meal card, cash, check*
Location: Student Union Building (4th Floor of SUB and 1st Floor Lounge)
Description: The Management Association (MA) is hosting its third annual Student Development Day Conference and all SUNY New Paltz students are invited to attend. Attendees will have the opportunity to gain the knowledge and skills to help in their career advancement, as well as receive the know-how necessary to promote themselves as potential employees. By taking part in workshops, presentations and educational exercises, students can learn from professionals in the fields of management, human resources and communications. Student Development Day is a professional development conference that is planned by Management Association (MA), a student organization in the School of Business at SUNY New Paltz, for the benefit of the local community. Registration for the conference includes workshops, breakfast and lunch, where there will be a networking activity between local business professionals and students. Student Development Day is being co-sponsored by Student Activities and Union Services, the School of Business and Office of Academic Affairs.
Workshops at Student Development Day Include:
1) How To Become An Overnight Success In 15 Years or Less -TN Thompson Jr., Vice-President of Operations at Wolf Tec Inc.
2) Emotional Intelligence -Dr. Glenn Geher, Assistant Professor of Psychology at SUNY New Paltz
3) Leading The Way: Discovering How You Inspire Others -Yota Schneider, Business Consultant for Open for Success: Business and Personal Coaching
4) Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Interviewing But Were Afraid To Ask -Diane Schroeder, HR Director at Jim Waters Corp.
5) Personal Communication Skills -Jack Paluszek, President of Advanced Management Development Institute 6) Creativity -Vincent Cozzolino, Vice President of Product Development and Quality Engineering at IBM Corporation
7) Business Writing -Kathleen Ellis, Consultant
8) Employee Retention: Strategic Career Development -Jodie Beth Galos, Principal of Galos and Associates
9) Sports Management -Brad Duckworth, Academic Coordinator for Athletics at SUNY New Paltz
10) Business Ethics -Michael Pineiro, Criminal Defense and Management Lawyer
Registration will be taking place on the 1st floor of the Student Union Building (SUB) and in the School of Business Building (SBB) before October 29th. Please e-mail Kimberly Bellarosa, MA President, at firstname.lastname@example.org to register. For more information please see MA s Faculty Advisor, Dr. Kristin Backhaus, in room 153 of the SBB or e-mail her at email@example.com.