Kristin Backhaus, Professor, Management
- Management, Fala Technologies, Kingston, NY. (December 2011- Present).
- Management, Health Quest, Poughkeepsie, NY. (March 2011 - December 2011).
- Management, Ulster Savings Bank, Kingston, NY. (January 2011 - June 2011).
- Academic, Middle States Commission on Higher Education, Kean University. (April 2011).
Ted Clark, Lecturer, Marketing & Strategic Management
- Management, Orange County Citizen's Foundation, Sugar Loaf, NY. (April 1, 2011 - Present). Grant to study Quality of Life in Orange County based on several well known measures such as recreation and arts and culture. The project involves 2 graduate students, 2 undergrads and 2 faculty members.
- Management, Health-Quest, Poughkeepsie, NY. (October 15, 2011 - December 15, 2011). Awarded grant for hospital preference study involving 13 undergrad students, 2 grad students and 3 faculty members.
- Management, Vassar Brothers Medical Center, Poughkeepsie, NY. (February 15, 2011 - May 15, 2011). Awarded grant to determine demand for free standing health care centers. The study involved 11 undergrad students, 2 grad students and 3 faculty members.
- Management, Health-Quest, Poughkeepsie, NY. (September 15, 2010 - February 7, 2011). Awarded grant for hospital preference study involving 13 undergrad students, 2 grad students and 3 faculty members.
Don Furman, Assistant Professor, Accounting & Finance
- Financial Planning, Accounting, Tax Preparation, Furman Associates, Inc., Harriman, NY. (January 2001 - Present). Comprehensive financial planning, accounting and income tax preparation for individual and corporate clients.
Rief Kanan, Lecturer, Accounting
- Financial, Auditing and Risk Management, Ulster County Comptroller, Kingston, NY. (April 29, 2009 - Present). Advisory committee (equivalent to a corporate audit committee) member. Counsels the County Comptroller regarding difficult auditing and risk management activities. Also reviews and comments on auditing plans and audit reports.
- Litigation, Cole Schotz Meisel Forman & Leonard, NY State Supreme Court. (April 19, 2009 - Present). Consulting expert on valuation of business and forensic investigation into partners' distributions and income.
- Management, Ulster County Key Executives' Group, Ulster County NY. (March 2009 - Present). In partnership with Ulster County Development Corporation, established a group of chief executives who meet monthly to work on business strategy and their effective leadership of their companies.
- Management, MPI, Inc., Poughkeepsie, NY 12601. (January 15, 2011 - January 1, 2012). Conducted organizational needs assessment. Administered Clifton Strengthsfinder 2.0. Designed the job specs and recruiting plan for new V.P. of Operations.
- Management, TAPPAN Wire and Cable, Blauvelt, NY, 10913. (January 2011 - December 31, 2011). Deliver management techniques for accountability. Accounting for the non-financial executive
- Large group facilitation of major conference, Council of Industry & The Solar Energy Consortium, SUNY New Paltz. (December 9, 2011). Prepared registration demographic survey; created outline and executed large group (170) facilitation of meeting training and administering 12 "table group" assistant facilitators; conducted full audience survey using "Participant Response System" technology to administer a business confidence survey that I customized for the event.
- Management, Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union, Poughkeepsie, NY. (October 2006 - November 2011). Assist the executive team with annual business plan and a two day retreat to assess and gain alignment with the plan.
- Management, Infragistics incorporated, Cranbury, NJ 08512. (February 18, 2011 - August 19, 2011). Designing and delivering a high quality monthly education program designed to teach the value of quality leadership to the product line leadership. Line leadership the effects of cost adjustments on capital.
Joel Neuman, Associate Professor, Management
- Academic, Vassar College, Poughkeepsie, NY. (April 2009 - Present). Conducted faculty survey of workplace bullying, present data to faculty and administration, and formulate interventions.
- Management, Veterans Administration Medical Center, Detroit, MI. (March 2007 - Present). Consulted with medical center director and administrators regarding workplace civility initiative. This is in conjunction with my on-going research with the United States Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Management, University of Minnesota - Mankato, Mankato, MN. (February 2007 - Present). This project involves both consulting and research related to workplace bullying and aggression. Working in concert with President of the University, and several stakeholder organizations, I am assessing issues related to bullying on the campus. This includes the development and administration of an on-line questionnaire, the analysis of resulting data, and the generation of specific recommendations.
- Academic, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Cincinnati, OH. (February 2003 - Present).Ongoing research and consulting related to workplace bullying and psychological aggression.
- Management, Oregon Nurses Association, Tualatin, OR. (July 29, 2009 - March 24, 2011). Provided assistance in the creation of "Nurses and Bullying in the Workplace: A Resource Guide. This publication provides nurses with training in identifying and responding to workplace bullying in healthcare settings. The guide includes a copy of my Workplace Aggression Research Questionnaire, which is used as a screening tool for aggression and bullying.